Wondering if getting married at the Santa Barbara courthouse is the best choice for you? Here are a few reasons why getting married or eloping at the Santa Barbara Courthouse may be the perfect option for you.
One of the many things I love about doing small civil ceremonies is that I have a chance to connect and chat with my couples. And I always ask, “Why did you decide to get married here at the courthouse?”
The most common answers where:
- “With both of us working full-time (and more sometimes), planning a wedding became a 3rd full-time job. It wasn’t worth the hassle!”
- “When we started tallying up all the costs we realized that we’d rather put a down payment on a house.”
- “We’d rather have a nice honeymoon and travel a bit.”
- “We want to start a family ASAP/have started a family and so we’re rather spend our money there.”
- “There are divorces in the family and would make for awkwardness.”
- “We’re not very close to our families and want it to just be us.”
4. “This is our second marriage.”
-“We’ve done all the hoopla. We don’t need all the fanfare. We just want it to be intimate.”
-“We’re on our way to a long international vacation and decided, hey, let’s get married and make it our honeymoon!”
6.“WE LOVE SANTA BARBARA!”
- “I’ve been visiting here for years and always wanted to get married here!!
Check out my blog post on How to Get Married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse. It's a great step-by-step post to make your courthouse wedding planning EASY! Or head straight to the Santa Barbara County Clerk website and book your date now!
And I would LOVE to capture your day! I offer packages starting at $500. Click HERE for more information.